Les Percussions de Strasbourg regularly works with associations and schools in the Hautepierre district, where the ensemble is in residence. These partnerships, developed in particular within the framework of the Percustra project (musical creation workshops) are enriched each year by the multiplication of projects and meetings.
As all the partners wish to perpetuate the exchanges and increase the influence of these actions, a twinning agreement has been set up between the Percussions de Strasbourg and three schools: Jacqueline Elementary School, Truffaut College and Erasmus College.
The aim of this partnership is to offer students a high-level artistic learning experience over a long period of time, which they can share with their families during public performances. It also gives children and teenagers confidence by valuing each person’s talent, while offering a practice that involves listening to the group and respecting others.
This school twinning implies the implementation of many activities :
- Percustra, collective practice workshops throughout the year with a performance at the Théâtre de Hautepierre in professional conditions
- The presentation of a programme for young audiences with performances in schools
- The possibility of participating in school concerts and other mediation activities proposed by the ensemble (discovery workshop, visit to the instrumentarium, guided rehearsal, etc.)
- Participation in the “Jeux Olympiques de l’Oreille”: an inter-school tournament of musical and rhythmic games
- Presentation of jobs related to the music sector and meetings between students and professionals
- The reception of trainees from the third year of secondary school, tutored by a member of the team according to the profession to be discovered (music, production and administration, public relations or technical)
- The start of the school year in music, participation of the ensemble’s musicians in the start of the school year in September